Academic & Career Planning Supports
On Campus Resources:
- Academic Advising: Academic Advisors are available to guide you based on your designated major. To see your academic advisor, please schedule an appointment online below or call the phone number next to each major unit. If you are still not sure which direction to go, please email: email@example.com for guidance.
- Office of Disability Services: Disability Services (DS) is the hub for coordinating services and accommodations to ensure accessibility and utilization of all programs for all Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi students with disabilities. Our services are designed to meet the unique educational needs of enrolled students with documented permanent or temporary disabilities. DS provides intake and consultation services to students seeking to register with our office. We review individual’s documentation of disability and assess eligibility for services and determination of reasonable accommodations.
- DegreePlanner: DegreePlaner is an easy-to-use online set of academic planning tools that help students and advisors see what courses and requirements students need to graduate. This System Provides a clear picture of degree requirements, interactive “what-if?” scenarios and Self-service access 24/7.
- Center for Academic Student Achievement (CASA): The Center for Academic Student Achievement (CASA), winner of the National Tutoring Association Excellence Award, is committed to providing academic support services to help you reach your educational goals and succeed in the university and beyond. Our motivation is to help students develop the skills necessary to achieve academic success and independence in a supportive learning environment that fosters intellectual growth.
- Student Support Services (SSS): The Student Support Services program is a federally funded TRIO program through the United States Department of Education and is committed to identifying, attracting, and graduating students, especially those from low-income and first generation groups who have been historically underrepresented in Texas higher education. The emphasis is to provide a special environment in which students can come for assistance in meeting their academic, personal, career, cultural awareness, and social needs.
- Office of Distance Education: Texas A&M Corpus Christi adopts e-learning technologies and processes to positively transform teaching methods such that students are fully engaged in learning and do not drop out of courses. In addition, space constraints are relieved by the use of online experiences for students outside of physical classrooms. Online degree and certificate programs are offered that meet the needs of citizens in Texas. And, in the event of a disaster, faculty and students are able to continue the business of education by using online technologies.
Off Campus Community Resources:
State of Texas Resources:
- Work In Texas: In addition to personalized job matching, WorkInTexas.com helps you build a resumeé, provides access to career tools, and works as your job search agent.