Alcohol and/or Substance Abuse
Where to go when you need help with substances.
On Campus Resources:
- University Counseling Center Alcohol and other Drug Services (AOD): The University Counseling Center is dedicated to helping students make healthy choices about the use of alcohol and other drugs. We provide AOD education and support campus and community-wide prevention efforts. The UCC offers free short-term treatment options and supportive intervention to students. Information about community resources and tips for coping with someone else’s substance abuse are also available.
- Phone: 361-825-2703
- For more information, please visit: TAMUCC UCC
- University Health Clinic: The Health Center offers a variety of services to students currently enrolled at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Phone: 361-825-2601
- For more information, please visit: TAMUCC UHC
- Coalition on Substance Abuse (CoSA): The purpose of the Coalition on Substance Abuse is to support the mission of Texas A&M Uiversity-Corpus Christi by analyzing behavioral and perception trends, advising on areas of concern, and promoting the use of best practices in the Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program (DAPP).
- I-TEAM (Islanders Teaching, Engaging And Motivating) Peer Education Program:committed to educating the Islander community in all dimensions of wellness and inclusion. By promoting healthy and inclusive behavior, we inspire students to make positive choices to attain academic and social success.
Off Campus Community Resources:
- The Wenholz House: Housing and rehabilitative support for alcoholics and addicts in recovery. Provides safety, sobriety, and support for individuals in need seeking detoxify and treatment aftercare.
- Wenholz House & Corporate Office
1200 10th Street
Corpus Christi Texas 78404
- Main Phone: 361-452-0591
- For more information, please visit: CC Safe Place
- The Wenholz Women's House: Provides safe, rehabilitative housing and support services to them so that that they may regain and maintain stability, reenter the Workforce, and live clean and sober lives free of addiction. Residents receive guidance from live-in staff and pay affordable rents as they rebuild their lives and reenter society as productive citizens.
- Behavioral Health Solutions of South Texas: Provides confidential alcohol and drug screenings and assessments, and crisis intervention.
- Main Phone: 1-800-748-3577
- For more information, please visit: BHSST
- Charlie's Place Recovery Center (Cenikor Foundation): Provides comprehensive alcohol and substance abuse services including: inpatient detoxify, short-term inpatient, long-term inpatient, outpatient detoxify, adult outpatient, adolescent inpatient, sober living, and prevention programs.
- Alcoholics Anonymous -- Corpus Christi
- 3833 S Staples St. / Phone: 361-992-8911
- 4610 Kostoryz Rd. / Phone: 361-814-7171
- For information on AA services and meetings in South Texas, please visit: CBIAA Meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous of the Coastal Bend
- Main Phone: 361-992-2113
- For more information on NA services and meetings in South Texas, please visit: CBANA
- Palmer Drug Abuse Program (PDAP): Peer-based support group and 12-step program. All services are free. Additional locations in Kingsville and Alice.
- Main Phone: 361-887-8900
- For more information, please visit: PDAPCC
- The Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse: A private nonprofit organization that serves a multi-county region with a continuum of care in prevention, intervention, and treatment of the disease of alcoholism and other drug abuse for individuals, families, and communities.
- Main Phone: 361-854-9199
- For more information, please visit: CB COADA
- Northwest Behavioral Health Center: Adult Psychiatric Program provides a therapeutic environment for patients with Mental Health issues and those who are also requiring the treatment of Chemical Dependency.
- Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation: Provide a number of individual and group substance abuse programs.
- Main Phone:361-814-2001
- For more information on substance abuse programs offered, please visit: CBWF
- South Texas Substance Abuse Recovery Services (STSARS): Offers a wide variety of programs to address the outpatient substance abuse needs of individuals residing in the Coastal Bend area. Most services are free and visits are always confidential.
- Main Phone: 361-882-9979
- For more information, please visit: STSARS
State of Texas Resources:
- SAMHSA Helpline: SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- For more information, please visit: SAMHSA
- U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs Substance Abuse Treatment Program: Offers residential and outpatient substance abuse programs for eligible veterans.
- Main Phone: 361-854-9961
- For more information, please visit: VA SAP