On Campus Resources:
- University Health Center (Sandpiper Building): Testing, treatment and prevention information is available. A specially trained staff offers educational programs and counseling for students seeking information on sexual health. All services and patient interactions at the University Health Center are confidential.
- To speak with a nurse during office hours (Nurse Line): 361-825-5735 -- if no answer, leave a message and a nurse will return your call.
- Appointments: For illnesses or injuries that do not require prompt medical attention, please call 361-825-2601 to schedule an appointment.
- After Hours Line: 361-825-2601, press option #2 -- this will direct you to CareNet, our after-hours nurseline.
- For more information, please visit: TAMUCC UHC
Off Campus Community Resources:
- Women's & Men's Health Services: Specializing in women's and men's health. Health care services include annual check-ups, pap smears, STD testing and treatment, pregnancy testing, HIV testing, birth control, cough, cold and sore throat, ear infections, immunizations (Help B, Tdap, Meningitis, Gardasil), emergency contraception (plan b morning after pill), cholesterol testing, diabetes testing, and free condoms always available. Fees are calculated on a sliding scale based on income and family size. Payment plans are available.
- Dillion Clinic Location: 361-857-0101
- Holly Clinic Location: 361-855-9107
- Kingsville Clinic Location: 361-595-1875
- For more information, please visit: WAMHS
- Corpus Christi Pregnancy Center: Provides women's health care services such as pregnancy tests, limited ultrasounds, pregnancy resource guides, and free parenting classes. Also provides counseling to empower life-affirming choices but do not refer for abortion services or emergency contraception.
- Main Phone Number: 361-991-2008
- For more information, please visit: CC Pregnancy
- Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation: Provides health care services on a sliding fee scale. Services include adult health care, youth education, women's health programs, HIV/Aids care, behavioral health services, sexual health and testing, LGBTQ health.
State of Texas Resources:
- STDcheck.com Free Testing to TAMU-CC Students: STDcheck.com is a leading online STD testing provider now offering FREE HIV testing to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi students. To get a free HIV test, go to www.STDcheck.com/universities and select Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Use your student email (Islander account) to show you are a TAMU-CC student. A lab referral will be sent to you with a confidential identification code that you can take to a participating lab of your choice. Results are delivered within 24 hours. See website for participating testing centers in Corpus Christi area.