Student Veteran Support
Where past and present service people can find help.
On Campus Resources:
- Office of Veterans Affairs: Supporting active duty service members, veterans, and dependents. One free transcript for Veteran Students during the month of November.
- Student Services Center (Round Building) 2nd Floor
- Main Phone: 361-825-2331
- For more information, please visit: TAMUCC VETS
- Student Veteran's Organization: The TAMU-CC chapter of the Student Veterans of America provides military veteran students with resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed.
- University Center, Room 218
- For more information, please visit: TAMUCC Vet Org
- Veteran's Lounge: Come for the comradery, a quiet place to study or just relax. The lounge offers space for group and individual study. Enjoy a refrigerator and microwave, as well as, tv, coffee, beanbag furniture and more!
- University Center, Room 206
- University Counseling Clinic: Please call or visit our office Monday through Friday during walk-in hours from 9:00-11:30am and 1:00-4:00pm. Dr. Sarah Skelton, our veteran's walk-in counselor, is available Tuesdays 1:00pm-4:00pm and Thursday 9:00am-11:30am. A trauma support group is offered each semester. Our current group is limited to female survivors but we can provide information about other support groups on-campus and in the community.
- Main Phone: 361-825-2703
- For more information, please visit: TAMUCC UCC
Off Campus Community Resources:
- Nueces County Veteran's Services: Assisting veterans and their survivors deal with the often confusing and overwhelming task of completing the correct forms/applications and collecting the appropriate documentation to support a claim for federal benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). If VA denies benefits, staff will assist clients compose the necessary statements and forms in filing an appeal.
- 602 N. Staples
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
- Main Phone: 361-888-0820
- Robstown Main Phone: 361-767-2780
- For more information, please visit: Nueces County Veteran's Services
- Corpus Christi Vet Center: Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families.
- Main Phone: 361-854-9961
- For more information, please visit: CC VA
- Veteran's Crisis Line: Available 24/7. If you are a Service member or Veteran in crisis or you’re concerned about one, there are specially trained responders ready to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The Veterans Crisis Line connects Service members and Veterans in crisis, as well as their family members and friends, with qualified, caring VA responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text-messaging service.
- Dial 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone.
- Send a text message to 838255 to connect with a VA responder.
- For more information, please visit: Veteran's Crisis Line
- Military Veteran Peer Network (MVPN): The Corpus Christi Chapter currently serves Nueces County and the surrounding areas. The intent of this chapter is to aid and assist all military veterans and their families. ALL veterans and their family members regardless of where they live can become a member of this chapter if they feel they will benefit from it. Start networking and get connected to available resources in your local community.
- Contact JP Welsh at 361-886-1086
- For more information, please visit: MVPN CC
State of Texas Resources: